Sunday, November 11, 2012

What was I thinking?

     Obviously I've been doing a lot more thinking then actually writing.  It's been a long time since I've posted on my blog, so I believe it's about time to get back at it and see if I can catch up on a few things that's been happening over the past two years.

     Let me make a quick list, then I'll try to fill in some of the details as I go along.

 2008:  "Best" year I ever had as far as business went. Designed, built, finished and delivered more furniture then any previous year.

2009:  "Worst" year I ever had as far as business went. Designed, built, finished and delivered less then 50% compared to 2008

2010:  Worked harder then ever to pull things back from the brink of nothing and ended with something in between 2008 and 2009.

2011:  Here we go again!  Back to even worst then 2009.  This is really taking all the fun out of woodworking.  I've got to make some decisions, so in July of 2011, I sent a letter to all my customers letting them know that I planned on retiring the Hufford Furniture Group in July of 2012.  One more year and that would be it.

I'll have to admit, it did generate some business for the remainder of 2011 and the start of 2012. 

In October of 2011, Tracy's great aunt passed away and Tracy had a chance to acquire her property in Delaware.  From September of 2011 to March of 2012, Tracy made 12 trips to Delaware to take care of the estate, etc.   From October of 2011 to March of 2012, I made 6 or 7 trips to Delaware to help take care of the property, etc. and still operated my business in Myrtle Beach, SC.  So in March of 2012, we made the decision that I would retire a couple months early and we would move to Delaware.

Well...........that's it in a nutshell!  I'll fill in the details as I try to catch up with life.  I had no idea being "retired" kept you so busy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment