Tuesday, January 1, 2013

" 2012 " in reflection

WOW! What a year!   How bout you?

     Was it a bad year for me?  Not really; in fact, it turned out to be quite a life changing year overall.  Part of it was planned, but the major changes were totally unexpected.   I knew I was going to retire my company this past year and had been slowly down sizing the shop and scheduling work accordingly.  

     The biggest change accured when Tracy's great aunt passed away and she inherited a house, land and a couple rental properties in Delaware.  After 14 trips from South Carolina to Delaware trying to handle the estate and take care of the properties, we decided that we would be better off if we just moved to Delaware until we could decide what to do with everything.

     That's pretty much it in a nutshell!.  Retired the company a couple months early, packed up everything we owned and moved to Delaware in March, 2012.   Sounds simple enough, but for anyone that's moved both a shop and home 5 states away knows what's involved!

     Oh, and to throw a monkey wrench in the middle of all this, the house we moved to was anything but "move-in" ready.   We've worked our tails off this year and I still have an endless list of "honey do's" to accomplish, but all-n-all, it's been a pretty rewarding year. 

     So what's planned for 2013?  I'm not sure I would call them New Years resolutions, but I do have a few things I would like to accomplish this year.

1. The work around the house and rental property is a given,  I'll just have to work on things as time and budget allows.

2. I have a great garage/shop that I've been working on, so this year I would like to focus on setting up more for woodworking so I can get back to making some projects. (other then just repair things for the house and duplex).

3.  I finished writing my first book, but haven't done a thing about it, so this year I would like to find a way to get it published.

4.  I've started writing again in my blog and would like to continue writing on a regular bases.

5.  I would like to join at least one of the local woodworking clubs in the area and be more involved with other woodworkers.

6.  I have a set of kitchen cabinets to finish building for Tracy's mother that was put on hold this past year, so it's time to start working on that project again.

7.  And in all my spare time, I would like to do a little part-time work to help supplement our income.

Today is the first day of 2013, so if I plan on getting any of this done, I better get busy. 

Happy New Years to everyone! 







    

No comments:

Post a Comment