Monday, December 24, 2012

"Twas the night before Christmas

     Twas the night before Christmas and all thru the house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. But out in my shop it was a different story, I had presents to finish or there would be no glory!

     While the rest of the family was all snuggled in bed,  I had a shop full of saw dust floating around  my head.   There's presents to finish and I wonder why I try, I can't even get this dang glue to dry!

     I needed more clamps and a new saw blade or two, so what is this poor woodworker suppose to do? I've made my list and cut everything square, but no matter how hard I try it still doesn't seem fair.

     I do this every year and I run out of time, so I think next year I'll just order on-line
.
     I was about to give up and throw in the towel, when all of a sudden my dog commenced to howl!  He usually only does this when he hears a fire truck, but running outside I realize it was the UPS truck.

     The driver was dressed in a funny red suite; he might have been funny, but not very cute. I was not very happy with my late night intrusion, he only added to all my confusion.  He unloaded some packages with all kind of labels, brought them in my shop and put em on the table.

     It was hard not to notice what was written on the boxes, sitting on the table; names like Bosch, Dewalt and even Porter Cable.   I wasted no time unwrapping each delight; new sander, more blades, everything was just right. Box after box I tore open with glee and began to realize I didn't have to be a woodworking wannabe!
.
     I'm sure the lacquer has affected my thinking; was I sleeping, dreaming or just wishful thinking?   I'll have to wake up soon, and finish the presents,  but for now lets just say;  "THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS. 









No comments:

Post a Comment