Friday, November 13, 2009

Spraying Sealer on Gun Cabinet.


Finally the weather is beginning to break and I'm going to do some spraying. It's been raining for the past few days, so I don't do any spraying in weather like that. Too much moisture in the air. We took a few pictures while I was spraying the sealer coats. As you can see in the pictures, I left the doors, backs, drawers, shelves and all the hardware off the cabinets.


If you click on the pictures, you will see the doors and shelves in the back ground (they already have two coats of sealer sprayed on them). I have the base turned upside down so I can spray sealer on the bottom so everything will be sealed equally.



If you look closely on the second picture, you can see where I'm spraying how the color changes when the sealer is applied. I will spray two coats of sealer on the bottom, then when dry, I will flip the cabinet right side up and spray all the rest of it with two coats of sealer.




The sealer begins to bring out the warm golden brown color the fuming did to the white oak and it gets richer with each coat.

I have an installation in Raleigh, NC. tomorrow so will leave early in the morning and I'm sure it will be quite late by the time I get home tomorrow night. No chance of working on the gun cabinet tomorrow........but that's a good thing. This will give the sealer a long time to dry and will be ready to sand. I will sand everything (inside, outside, top and bottom). Once everything is sanded with 220 grit sandpaper and wiped down real good, I'll be ready to start spraying the clear top coat. I will be using ML Campbell pre-catalyzed lacquer (15 sheen) for the final finish. Again, two coats on everything.

OK, that's enough for tonight, I've got to get the Van loaded for tomorrow so I can hit the road early.

No comments:

Post a Comment